My website

Saturday, May 8, 2010

"The Illusion of Glamour" explained


The other night, an attractive young woman approached me regarding my up-coming art show, "The Illusion of Glamour".
She said with an self-amused all-knowing look, "You mean, YOU'RE going to try to look "glamourous"? Then she laughed.
She just didn't get it. No, I'm not talking Channel runway models here, although we can always steal an idea or two from them.

To me, a bum off the street could put a cardboard box on his head, and this would be high-concept glamour.
A child could wear the contents of his toy box, and this would bring the glamour quota through the roof.
Lawn ornaments, silverware, or a simple muumuu bedecked with ivy would be stunning.
All this, with the addition of some artillery to celebrate "Armed Forces" Day,
and the Illusion is complete.

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't "Armed Forces Day" be about things with extra arms trying to get in or out of things forcibly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghost of Chew-Mee MooreMay 8, 2010 at 10:25 PM

    I wood comment butt I dead.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she forget the word "illusion"?

    Don't punch her ticke; make her stand outside looking in.

    ReplyDelete