My website

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Painting Kate Taylor

I spent the afternoon painting Kate Taylor... what a delight!

Kate has always been a great source of inspiration to me.
Not only is she an incredible artist, musician, and fabulous dresser, she is about the nicest person you could ever meet.


Her wampum jewelry is museum-quality-amazing.
Hand-carved out of wampum, shells, and seaglass, her craftsmanship is sublime.


Anyways, I had a wonderful, enchanting afternoon.


Kate Taylor completely rocks!





4 comments:

  1. That is a very beautifully inspired and perfect new great painting! How fun, I know you had a blast. I glued on and inside my van for 4 hours today. One melmac drawing to go, and I will read my current mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, Everything you just said: back at you! It was a pure delight to spend time with you in your M.Vineyard studio. You are amazing and watching you work, even from the back side of the canvas, is a joy. I knew it'd be fun and I was surely right! I wish I could paint for you your wonderful spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are having so much fun you may never come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. poetic and true "watching you, even from the back side of the canvas, is a joy." I am so happy you are spreading your love and light back home and having such a great time. You are a gift.

    ReplyDelete